Dear St. Paul DFLers: We hope you are planning to come out and caucus with the Saint Paul DFL this Sunday, March 10th! This post is filled with info pertaining to the caucus.
1. Locations and start times for Sunday, March 10th:
|Ward 1 Caucus||2:30pm sign-in, 3pm start||Capitol Hill Magnet|
|Ward 2 Caucus & Convention||2:30pm sign-in, 3pm start||Humboldt High School|
|Ward 3 Caucus & Convention||2:30pm sign-in, 3pm start||Highland Park High School|
|Ward 4 Caucus & Convention||2:30pm sign-in, 3pm start||Murray Middle School|
|Ward 5 Caucus||2:30pm sign-in, 3pm start||Como High School|
|Ward 6 Caucus||2:30pm sign-in, 3pm start||Hazel Park Prep Academy|
|Ward 7 Caucus||2:30pm sign-in, 3pm start||Harding High School|
2. If you don’t see your ward convention listed above, you will find the rest of the dates here.
3. Wondering who is seeking endorsement from the St. Paul DFL in 2019? You can find names of candidates here.
4. Don’t know your ward and precinct? No problem! You can find your ward and precinct here: https://pollfinder.sos.state.mn.us/ For example, mine is W-4 P-01. This means that I would caucus with my fellow Democrats at the Ward 4 caucus site. My precinct is P1. You can also call it W4-P1. If you’d rather see a map, go to the County Elections website maps here.
5. Can’t make the caucus and still want to participate? Fill out this form called the Letter of Nomination 2019 (also referred to as the Proxy letter) and email it directly to your Ward chair BEFORE Sunday, March 10th. Contact info for ward chairs can be found here. You can also have a neighbor in your precinct bring your letter in with them if they plan to attend on Sunday, March 10th.
6. Wondering what happens at caucuses and conventions? Here is the 2019 Precinct Caucus Rules and Agenda and the 2019 Ward Convention Rules (2 3 and 4) FINAL 2.21.19
We have been working hard to get materials in additional languages. Here you go!
2019 Precinct Caucus Rules and Agenda-Hmong
2019 Precinct Caucus Rules and Agenda-Somali
2019 Precinct Caucus Rules and Agenda-Spanish
7. Interested in the DFL constitution and bylaws? You can find them at: https://stpauldfl.wordpress.com/about/constitution-and-by-laws/.
Affirmation and AA-inclusion statements for translation-Hmong
Affirmation and AA-inclusion statements for translation-Somali
Affirmation and AA-inclusion statements for translation-Spanish
8. Have an issue you want to bring to the attention of your DFL neighbors and the party? Submit a resolution at the caucus. Here is the ResolutionForm to fill out and bring with you on Sunday, March 10th.
9. What is the deal with delegates? Check out the 2019 Delegate Allocations Citywide (not including auto delegates) to see how many delegates get to go from each precinct to the Wards and to the City Convention? Check out the list of 2019 St. Paul Auto Dels (003)
10. What happens if there are more people in the room than delegate slots to the Ward convention? You subcaucus to determine who will represent your precinct! You can use the Mn DFL’s SubCalc, an online tool to help you with this process.
11. Still have questions? Email your Ward chairs or Beth Commers, Chair, St. Paul DFL at email@example.com or send a text at 651/247-7009. See you Sunday!